Made by Me!

Tuesday, 12 August 2014

The Myrtle Sew-a-Long - Get Involved!

The point of starting this blog was to try and approach new techniques, new styles and to try things I have never done before. So when the Myrtle pattern by Colette patterns was released I snapped it up to try and get a grip of cutting, sewing and working with stretch fabrics.


I have made a couple of things in the past but generally steered clear as stretch slightly daunts me. About a year and a half ago I made my very pregnant friend a Megan Nielsen wrap top, which was easier than I thought but also due to the nature of what it was I didn't need to make any fitting alterations, just make the wrap sections longer as she was expecting twins! Its time to dive into something else so when The Coletterie started the Myrtle sew-a-long I thought it was a good way to re-introduce myself to stretch. It started on the 4th August so I may be a little behind starting it as I want to finish my trousers first but I have already got my supplies sorted including my fabric, its a lovely stripey stretch fabric in ivory and navy.

The Breton stripe is very in right now apparently. I cant wait to start and by the 2nd September myself and a load of other people out there will be ready to wear our lovely Myrtles. Are you going to get involved?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear your comments. I reply to everyone within the blog so pop back to read any responses.