Made by Me!

Tuesday, 23 September 2014

By Hand London Holly Jumpsuit Sew-Along

It seems there are loads of wonderful sew-alongs happening at the moment and when one of my favourite pattern makers, By Hand London, said they were starting one this week I had to jump on board and have a go! I had already bought the pattern whilst having a difficult day at work....it always makes me feel better to do some retail therapy in times of stress....and I have a LOT of patterns and pieces of fabric making piles in my front room as a consequence! Time to reduce the stash! Are you going to get involved too? Click on the image below and it will take you straight there. Best thing is it starts tomorrow!!

Holly Sew-Along

I have two fabrics in mind. The first is a batik fabric I found whilst browsing the web on the way to work. It is a quilters weight cotton and it features a leaf design and is in lovely autumnal colours; burnt oranges, reds and browns. I cant quite decide if it will be a little overwhelming as a jumpsuit...but every time I look at it I think its rather lovely. Its a fabric from Moda by Laundry Basket Quilts and it's a jelly bean batik fabric - moss fruity... so I guess its not actually a leaf then! 

The next one I love too, maybe mostly because its called 'Gnome Pants'! How cute is that!!? It's a cotton lawn from a collection by Rashida Coleman-Hale. I can see it being a little more versatile colour wise in the winter than the batik one but I also have been mulling over using it on the wrap dress from Gertie's book 'Gertie Sews Vintage Casual'. Plus maybe it will be too thin for purpose....Its sooo hard to make decisions! Which one would you go for??


It would be great to know if anyone else has made up the Holly yet? Did you find it a pleasure to sew? What variation did you go for and what fabric? I have seen some versions from the pattern testers in denim from the Closet Case Files and a punchy lip print from Rachel at House of Pinheiro which are both beautiful. In fact I was thinking of doing the variation Rachel has done as I want sleeves not a cowl neck. Would be great to get some inspiration from you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear your comments. I reply to everyone within the blog so pop back to read any responses.