Made by Me!

Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Me Made May 2015

Along with a huge number of other bloggers and home sewers out there I have decided to take part in Me Made May 2015 - a celebration of handmade clothing hosted by Zoe from So Zo... What Do You Know. I admit I signed up with both a lot of excitement and a little trepidation. I thought by this point into my blog I would have loads of things to wear during May but it turns out I really don't. Sewing for a year has probably only yielded enough items to carry me through a hot summer wearing a months worth of me-made summer dresses and tops but at this point in Spring it feels a little chilly to be breaking out the summer wardrobe. I thought this may exclude me from taking part but when reading the 'rules' it turns out, well there really are no rules. In other words you don't need to wear only me-made items every day but pledge to how ever much or little per week you please, mixing it in with shop bought or re-fashioned, up-cycled etc... Much less pressure than I thought! So ditching the trepidation I have decided to take part in a way in which I think I can comfortably participate.

And so to my pledge for this month - 'I, Sarah of Sewing Beautifully, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I endeavour to wear 3 me-made garments a week for the duration of May 2015'

I plan to take a photo of every outfit I wear and post them at the end of May to see just how I did! Cant wait to see if I make it!

So I am on the 5th Day in May and to start me off here is my first Me-Made May outfit - A Wiksten tank top, an item made before this lovely blog started.


Excuse the phone photo but I think that typifies Me-Made May - I want to be enabled to make a quick daily record of me consciously wearing home made garments - not trying to style it out for the camera which frankly I am hopeless at anyway. I hope by the end of this month to have cherished my Me-Made wardrobe more than I do presently. I guess in the end that this is why we are all taking part. Will you be part of this Me-Made May and if so how many days of the week have you pledged to wear Me-Made garments? And if you want to there's still time to sign up to the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear your comments. I reply to everyone within the blog so pop back to read any responses.